Friday Five: Volume I, Week II
I really hope you all enjoyed last week’s post and are ready for some knew links this week. There’s one in particular that I’m really really excited to share with you!
1. I know I’m a girl, but I find so many articles on the blog The Art of Manliness to be relevant to both sexes. Like this post for instance, where author Brett McKay talks about why it’s so important to maintain an active lifestyle. I feel like I need to jump up and take a lap around the block now.
2. I found this post on Self.com to be really thought provoking. I find that so many of us in Western Culture are very judgmental when it comes to food choices. In many countries, individuals do not have the luxury of being picky about what they eat. I also find it ironic that so many of us in western cultures are quick to label ethnic foods as unhealthy, but have a greater rate of obesity in the population.
3. I loved the writing tips in this article from Design for Mankind. The first tip reminds me of the advice from my old English professor who used to admonish, “good readers make good writers.”
4. Sage advice in this entry on the Zoe Report on how to deal with disappointments. First and foremost, don’t try to ignore them.
5. Those that know me, know how much I adore the band 2cellos. I’ve been to their concert in London and I’m always playing their songs or videos when I get a chance. Their latest album Let There Be Cello is expected to be released today! I already have several of the singles, but went ahead an pre-ordered the rest on ITunes. Run, don’t walk to get this album today!