Friday Five: Volume I, Week I
In an effort to provide more value and content for my readers, I wanted to kick off a new series where I’m able to share a few of the posts, articles, and items that I’ve come across recently. All of these links contain information on topics or fill a specific need that particularly resonates with me. It is my hope that you will get just as much insight and enjoyment out of each item as I do. So without further ado, below are the links to my very first Friday Five.
1. Allie Marie Smith posted a short, but insightful post about breaking up with your ideal self. She talks about a problem that most of us must confront sooner or later, when our lives don’t turn out the way we always imagined.
2. Blogger Jen Lawrence (no not that Jen Lawrence) of the blog Dwell On These Things, compiled a great list of ways she deals with the complexities of a low day. Spending time with a pet and enjoying a good cup of tea are some of my favorite remedies for a bad day too. I’d love to hear some of your favorites below!
3. Do you ever struggle with how you should act when a friend is going through a particularly rough patch? Or how to just be present for your loved ones in general? I know I do. The staff at Buzzfeed created a great list of all the ways to show up for the people who really matter in your life. I’ve already started trying to implement some of these strategies.
4. I’m always looking for ways to stay healthier while flying and traveling in general. Byrdie came out with a great article on doctor recommended advice for your next flight.
5. I love learning and improving my job skills, but often despise attending work related training. Turns out I’m not the only one. David Kelly wrote a fantastic post on why people hate training and offers ideas on different options for addressing and improving employee performance.
That’s it! Hope you enjoyed this post and maybe learned something new. I know I did!